Skin tags and warts are entirely different conditions with separate causes and presentations:
- Skin tags are smooth, while warts are rough with an irregular surface.
- Skin tags are more raised from the skin by a thin stalk whilst warts are only slightly raised or entirely flat.
- Warts are caused by a virus while skin tags have a variety of causes, including ageing, weight, hormones and friction.
- Most warts are contagious but skin tags are not.
For all their differences warts and skin tags do have some key similarities:
- Both conditions are benign, meaning they are not harmful or cancerous.
- Both can cause you distress and a desire to be rid of them.
- Both can be effectively treated using electrolysis.
HOW TO GET RID OF WARTS AND SKIN TAGS
Electrolysis is a quick, easy, safe and effective way of treating many skin conditions and has a proven record with warts and skin tag removal.
Using electrolysis or thermolysis/short wave diathermy for treatment of warts and tags cauterises them from the skin which then heals very quickly leaving no mark.
Click here to find a qualified electrologist to remove your warts or skin tags.