So you’ve decided it’s ready to rid your face of unwanted hair for good. Here are some tips for: before, during and after your electrolysis treatment.
- Choose your practitioner carefully. Always look for an accredited professional who has received formal training like the Sterex VTCT Electrolysis Qualification or who is a member of a professional association.
- Before the consultation bear in mind that hair has to be a few mm in length to be successful, so do not wax, pluck or epilate the hair in the area that you would like treated. If the hair is bothering you and you would like to temporarily get rid of it, then the best recommendation is to cut or if really necessary – shave so as not to disturb the hair follicle.
- Be prepared to make your consultant aware of any health conditions you have and whether you are taking any medicine to ensure the safety of the treatment.
- Your practitioner will advise you that you will need several sessions to achieve the desired results. A real commitment for regular ongoing treatment is required for electrolysis to work as each unwanted hair has to be treated a number of times.
- Do not hesitate to ask questions and advise the practitioner if you are feeling too uncomfortable when they are performing the electrolysis as the treatment should be specially tailored to your comfort level.
- It’s advisable not to remove new hair growth with tweezers, wax, threading etc between treatments, if removal is absolutely necessary, shaving the hair is recommended.
- It is important to keep the treated area from becoming inflamed. When you have just had electrolysis facial hair removal you should not apply any make-up or other cosmetic products that would irritate the skin. Use only the products recommended by your practitioner such as Sterex Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera Gels.
- If you are worried about the redness of the your skin after your permanent hair removal treatment and have work straight after your electrolysis appointment then ask your practitioner to use a tinted aftercare product, for example Sterex Après Cream that would cover the redness and protect the skin from bacteria and inflammation.
If you have any concerns or questions at any stage of your treatment speak openly with your electrologist as he or she is there to offer advice when you need it.